- This event has passed.
Physical Internet : Shaping the Evolution of Supply Chains and Logistics Ecosystems, Workshop
GTRI Conference Center
Auditorium, 250 14th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30318-9108
October 13, 2022 @ 9:30 am – 12:00 pm
WORKSHOP INCLUDING PRESENTATION, ROUNDTABLE, DEMONSTRATIONS
The workshop is positioned in a post-covid world subject to uncertainties, variability, and disruptions, where supply chains and logistic networks have to evolve toward higher concurrent agility, adaptability, availability, autonomation, resilience, security, intelligence, net-zero sustainability, and transparency. The workshop addresses elevating their siloed conception to encompass a Physical Internet ecosystem system perspective (1) embracing universal interconnectivity, modularization, open sharing, and circularity, (2) leveraging technological innovations (e.g. AI, VR, IoT, 3D printing, robotics, autonomous vehicles) and (3) enabling to master the interplay between supply chain localization, regionalization, and globalization. The workshop will combine shaping industry best-practices, policies, innovation, research, as well as paradigms, mental models, and business models.
- Benoit Montreuil, PhD Coca-Cola Material Handling & Distribution Chair and Professor | Director, Physical Internet Center | Director, Supply Chain and Logistics Institute
- Eric Ballot, PhD Professor and Physical Internet Chair. Mines Paris PSL, Paris, France
- Frederick Benaben, PhD Professor, SIReN Lab Codirector, IMT Albi, France | Visiting Adjunct Professor, Physical internet Center, Georgia Tech
- Louis Faugere, PhD Applied Scientist, Amazon, Seattle | Affiliate Researcher, Physical Internet Center, Georgia Tech
- Matthieu Lauras, PhD Professor, Associate Chair, Industrial Engineering, IMT Albi, France | Adjunct Professor, Physical Internet Center, Georgia Tech
- Johann Levesque, PhD Head of R&D at Le Groupe La Poste, Bordeaux, France