"For over a decade, France-Atlanta has sought to breathe new life into the French-American relationship in the U.S. Southeast. Now more than ever, our multidisciplinary initiative serves an important role: promoting international collaboration and exchange."
Consul General of France
At a glance
France-Atlanta is an annual series of high-caliber events, centered on innovation and designed to foster transatlantic cooperation and exchange in the fields of science, business, culture and humanitarian affairs. This year, 2021, marks France-Atlanta’s 12th edition.
The event series is co-organized by the Consulate General of France in Atlanta and the Georgia Institute of Technology, under the high auspices of the Ambassador of France to the United States, the Governor of Georgia and the Mayor of Atlanta.
Each fall, France-Atlanta proposes a series of 15-20 French-American events across Metro Atlanta.
France-Atlanta was launched in 2010 with the purpose of breathing new life into the French-American relationship in the U.S. Southeast. The inaugural edition featured 20 events attended by over 3,500 participants, including delegations from Paris and Metz, France.
Since then, our initiative has transformed into an annual, multidisciplinary affair. Each year, an average of 3,000 individuals take part in France-Atlanta programming featuring top French and American business leaders, scientists, artists, and humanitarian experts. Beyond its role in showcasing the best of French and American innovation, the initiative provides a unique opportunity for scholars, artists and visionaries across multiple fields to exchange ideas and explore possible areas of cooperation.
France-Atlanta has a proven record of programming events that lead to concrete results. In addition to establishing lasting partnerships with local institutions, some of the more noteworthy successes that have resulted from this multidisciplinary initiative include:
- Memorandum of Understanding signed between Paris’ airport region and the City of Atlanta to develop two airport zones
- The creation of a startup exchange program between the cities of Atlanta and Toulouse that has since helped multiple startup companies gain funding
- Structured scientific cooperation between Georgia Tech and the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) on the material graphene
- The creation of an International Associated Laboratory (IAL) between Emory University’s Winship Cancer Institute and the French National Institute for Health and Medical Research (INSERM)
- The creation of an education series that has reached nearly 5,000 students by bringing French-speaking professionals into metro-Atlanta classrooms
France-Atlanta has received extensive media coverage from outlets including CBS, ABC, Fox, Channel 26, CNN, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Atlanta Business Chronicle, WABE 90.1 FM, Creative Loafing and France-Amérique.
None of this would be possible without the support of our sponsors, as well as French and French-American associations in Atlanta and dozens of local and international partners.
The 12th edition of France-Atlanta took place from October 7 to November 10, 2021. Take a look back at all the events here.
The 13th edition of France-Atlanta will kick off fall 2022. Stay tuned!