Workshop: Mathematical Modeling in Cardiovascular Healthcare
Mathematical modeling plays a vital role in science and engineering, enabling a quantitative understanding of complex dynamics in nature and appropriate design in many applications. The role of mathematical and numerical modeling has been critical in quantitative medicine.
Cardiovascular diseases are one of the leading causes of death in Western countries and in particular in France and in the USA. Mathematicians and computer scientists have been working closely with physicians and clinicians to improve the comprehension of the physiopathological dynamics, to help design new therapies and devices and, overall, to enhance the decision-making process in cardiovascular healthcare.
There is a strong collaborative tradition of French and American scientists in this field. This two-day workshop, organized by the Office for Science and Technology of the French Embassy to the U.S. and Emory University, aimed at leveraging one another’s’ strengths to foster and reinforce transatlantic collaborations on cardiovascular mathematics.
· Clinical Challenges in Coronary and Aortic Diseases
· Advanced tools of Numerical Modeling in Computational Mechanics for Cardiovascular Diseases
· Perspectives in Quantitative Patient-Specific Analysis
– Dr. Jean-Frédéric Gerbeau, French National Institute for computer science and applied mathematics, (Inria), Paris, France
– Dr. Franck Nicoud, Université Montpellier 2, Montpellier, France
– Dr. Alessandro Veneziani, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
– Dr. Habib Samady, Interventional Cardiology, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA, USA
When: October 20-21, 2016 from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Where: Thursday, October 20th: Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Math & Science Building – Room E408, Emory University, 400 Dowman Dr NE, Atlanta 30322
Friday, October 21st: Hurst Conference Room – Room E405, Emory University Hospital, 1364 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30322
This France-Atlanta 2016 event was made possible through the support of our partners: