- This event has passed.
FinTech Trends in the Southeast: Alternative Payment Methods
November 10 @ 8:00 am – 9:00 am
Georgia is the epicenter of FinTech, with 70% of all U.S. transactions handled by payment processing firms located in Georgia. The state’s “Transaction Alley” is comprised of 170+ FinTech companies, which generate annual revenue of over $72 billion. Metro Atlanta’s FinTech sector, which now rivals that of London, New York and Zurich, is home to global giants like NCR, Worldpay, Equifax, Firsev, First Data and Global Payments, as well as Atlanta’s industry disruptors like Kabbage, BitPay, Paymetric, GreenSky, ControlScan, GroundFloor and Cardlytics. To learn more about Atlanta’s FinTech ecosystem, please consult the 2021 report “Fintech : The Unique Atlanta Landscape,” prepared by the Office for Science and Technology of the Embassy of France in the United States.
On Wednesday, November 10, join us for an event featuring industry experts and a discussion of a hot FinTech topic: Alternative Payment Methods. Alternative Payments refers to payment methods that are used as an alternative to cash or traditional debit/credit card payments. Most alternative payment methods address a domestic economy or have been specifically developed for electronic commerce. The number of alternative payments has grown exponentially in the last few years due to the need for billing solutions on the Internet.
This event will include discussions on such questions as: What are digital wallets, money orders, APM, cashless or frictionless payments, cryptocurrencies, Bitcoins, etc? How secure are they? Should businesses consider them as an alternative to cash or debit/credit cards? In what way is Atlanta’s FinTech ecosystem leading the way in developing these alternative payment methods?
This is a hybrid event, with a very limited number of paid seats at the venue in addition to the free virtual seats provided via the webinar platform. The event (online and in-person) will begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. However, in-person attendees are encouraged to arrive at 7:30 a.m. for a light breakfast networking session.
November 10, 2021 – 8:00 a.m.
- – Christine de Wendel, Co-founder and U.S. CEO at Sunday
- – Nicolas Cabrera, CPO at BAKKT
- – Lori Wright, Partner and chair of AGG’s Technology practice at Arnall Golden Gregory, LLC
- – Gayle Gorvett, CEO & Managing Partner at GGorvett Consulting LLC and and Secretary at La French Tech Atlanta
- – Moderator: Trevor Williams, Managing Editor at Global Atlanta
- – French-American Chamber of Commerce – Atlanta Chapter : The French-American Chamber of Commerce of Atlanta is a non-profit, non-governmental and member-driven organization. Our mission is to promote, support and enhance business opportunities among the French-American business community throughout France and the Southeast of the United States. We welcome and support French businesses and entrepreneurs in their settlement and development in the Southeast region.
- – Office for Science and Technology of the Embassy of France in the United States : The Office for Science and Technology is a multidisciplinary team of professors, researchers and scientists spread throughout the United States. The Atlanta office oversees actions in seven states of the U.S. Southeast.
- – La French Tech Atlanta : La French-Tech Atlanta is a French American tech ecosystem based in the Metro Atlanta area gathering entrepreneurs, top executives, investors, engineers, experts, mentors, and public leaders. Our mission is to promote French Tech in the Southeast and to support French Startups expansion in the United States. La French Tech is hosted by the FACC-Atlanta.